Here are the rules:
1. Find a book with at least 123 pages.
2. Find the 5th sentence.
3. Write the next three sentences.

This is from one of my favorite Mommy books, "Waiting for Birdy, a year of frantic tedium, neurotic angst, and the wild magic of a growing family" by Catherine Newman. I have to type more than just the next three sentences because the humor would be lost.
"Look," I showed him. "Hold it up to the light. See that little dark shadow? That's a seed in there."
"What?" Ben said and blinked.
"That dark part. That means there's a seed."
"What?" He stared at me blankly.
"I'm not going to say it again, Ben. I already explained it."
"What? I mean, why?"
"Because I don't want to keep saying the same thing over and over and over."
"Why?"
Because it makes me want to poke my own eyes out with a quewf.
Quewf was Ben's word for skewer. His dad had just fixed the hinge on mom's cookbook holder with a skewer and Ben just couldn't get the word quite right.
This is the best book and has made me laugh out loud and cry too many times to count. It is a mommy journal that so eloquently captures so many emotions that I have felt as a mom. I keep thinking that I should start giving it to friends with their baby shower gifts. I would just be afraid that they wouldn't read it, or not like it as much as I do.
It would be just like when we go to Serrano's for dinner. I love Serrano's tacos. I tell T.J. that they are so good, and he has to try a bite. He tells me he doesn't want to, because tacos are my favorite. He is a lasagna guy. He would feel bad taking my taco and not liking it as much as I would. :)
So, if you are a mom and like Serrano's tacos, you should try this book. I found it at BabyCenter.com. Which is also my favorite baby site of all time... you should try that too. :)
Thanks Steph! That was fun!




1 comment:
Thanks for doing the tag. You need to put up some pictures of your baby so we can see her.
Post a Comment