Friday, October 17, 2008

I'm proud of you for eating your Cheerios and not the dog's food...

The Evidence.....


The Crime Scene....


The Suspect....


(Click on Whitney's picture to see her cute little teeth!)

I have had a booger of a time keeping Whitney out of the dog's dishes. Munch munch munch....It grosses me out to hold/feed/nurse her when her sweet baby breath smells like dog. I decided that I would keep the dishes up off the floor, and Toby would have to eat when she is sleeping. I put the dishes up on the dog's kennel, but she found them there after about a week. So, I put them on the back of the dog's kennel where Whitney couldn't get to them, or so I thought....
She had been awake less than an hour yesterday morning, and had a super cute Halloween bubble/onesie on with an orange hair bow. I had left the room for a minute while she and Trista were playing. I heard a crash, with lots and lots of little plink plink sounds and Whitney crying. She had crawled under the kitchen table, in between the chairs, and pulled the dog's bowls on top of herself. The water dish was full! Wet, soggy baby with dog food down her wet outfit, stuck to her bare chest, down in between the legs of her bubble. The water made all of the little dog food crumbs stick to her face and hands, in between her thigh rolls and all over her legs. It was bath time! I bathed both girls and got Trista ready for preschool, cleaned the floor, and put Whitney down for her nap after her snack. Then, I caught myself saying to my 10 month old, "Thank you for eating your Cheerios and not the dog's food." Not something that I ever thought I would say!

5 comments:

Katie and Josh Johnson said...

The things that babies love to get into! She is so cute!

Steph said...

Thats pretty funny. Joe's parents took Jonah to the Ostrich farm and they have deer there that you can feed. Well I guess Jonah had a left over alfalfa pellet and decided he needed to eat it. It turned his mouth bright green. Crazy the stuff kids will eat.

Levi, Disney Fanatic said...

Oh no! I had the same trouble with Levi getting into our dogs' food/water. He would eat their food- (ewww), and loved putting their food into their water bowl.

Anonymous said...

Gotta' love kiddo's! Your girls are both so precious! I can't believe how fast kids grow up!

Shannon said...

That is so cute! The things our children can get into and make the biggest messes